The Penn Taekwondo Club is a WTF-style, competitive taekwondo club at the University of Pennsylvania. Our aims include physical fitness, self-defense, and intercollegiate competition.
If you are new to this site, you can find information on the club and our class schedule on the left. Feel free to drop by one of our classes, contact us, or send an email to email@example.com.
2013 Collegiate Nationals in Colorado Springs
This past weekend (April 13-14), Penn TKD brought 6 competitors to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs to compete in Collegiate Nationals. We are very proud of all of our team members who did a wonderful job representing our club and fought hard.
- Liz Cheek – Women’s Blue/Green Belt Heavy Weight Sparring (Bronze)
- Robert Alan Ortelere II – Men’s Yellow Belt Middle Weight Sparring (Bronze)
- Colleen Reynolds – Women’s Blue Belt Poomsae (Bronze)
2013 USAT Pennsylvania State Championships Results
On Saturday, March 23, the Penn TKD team attended the 2013 USAT Pennsylvania State Championships in Downingtown, PA. Congratulations to the following athletes for their excellent performance!
- Robert Li – Black Belt (Gold)
- Colleen Reynolds – Blue Belt (Gold)
- Thomas Peterson – Yellow Belt (Gold)
- Jasmine Cho – Yellow Belt (Gold)
- Jessie Mao – Yellow Belt (Silver)
- Anita Wu (Gold)
- Colleen Reynolds (Gold)
- Robert Alan Ortelere (Gold)
- Thomas Peterson (Silver)
- Jasmine Cho (Gold)
- Jessie Mao (Gold)
Great job everybody!
Spring 2013 Schedule
The Spring 2013 Schedule has been updated. Trial week is now over, but prospective members may still join.
Fall 2011 Schedule
The Fall 2011 Schedule has been updated. Trial week is now over, but prospective members may still join.
West Point Tournament Results
The PennTKD team sent 23 competitors to the West Point Tournament (about 350 total participants) on Sunday, February 28. The following are the awards that we received:
- Kevin Lou (Men’s Black Belt Forms) – Bronze
- Lauren Fikse (Women’s Black Belt Forms) – Bronze
- Women’s A Team (Jeeyoon Yu, Lauren Fikse, Nicole Sapiro) – Silver
- Women’s B1 Team (Jennifer Li, Nicole Sapiro, Jean Kim) – Bronze
- Women’s B2 Team (Margaret Bevilacqua, Aimee Kim) – Quarterfinals
- Men’s B Team (Saiman Lim, Gabe Fernando) – Quarterfinals
We are now ranked 2nd in our division, which we plan to overturn in our final tournament of the year, which will be held on Penn campus on Saturday, April 2.
Current standings for ECTC have been updated and can be seen here.